Nenco external dome splice closures are ideal for branch connections for up to 144 fibre terminations. They can be mounted on walls, direct buried or on poles with resistance to UV, vibration and have a water tight seal. The enclosure is made from moulded plastic and has an IP68/9 rating. They also have an excellent temperature range of -40 degrees to +65 degrees for long term reliability. They are available with both mechanical and heat shrink sealing ports, depending on the model.
- Mechanical port sealing
- Base of the enclosure has 4 round cable entry points for drop cables and 1 round cable entry point for a loop cable. Once they have been opened they are sealed using mechanical sealing kits.
- The loop cable port can accept one loop cable up to 16 mm in diameter.
- The four round drop cable entry points can accept cables up to 17.5mm.
- The internal dimensions of the joint allow for safe management of unused tubes without affecting attenuation.
- Individual cable strength retention is available at each cable entry point as standard.
- Splice closure is compliant with IEC standards covering water immersion, UV resistance, salt mist, temperature cycling, fungus resistance, chemical resistance and reentry testing.
- The trays are hinged to allow access to other trays and open past 90 degrees to enable unencumbered work on installed fibres.
- No specialist tools are required to enter the enclosure and it can be locked to prevent unauthorised entry.
- Sealing O ring
- Mechanical Sealing kits
- 4pc 1 port rubber
- 1 x 900mm Buffer tubing
- 24 x 40mm splice protectors
- 12 x cable ties
- 1 x abrasive cloth
- 1 x adhesive tape
- 1 x silver heat protection tape
- 1 x key for cable retention bolts
- The enclosure is supplied as standard with 1 x 24 fibre splice tray and can have a further five trays added as required
- Pre-sat cable cleaning wipes
- Installation instruction